- Member of APCA Random Drug Testing Consortium
- First Aid & CPR Certified
- Holds all required Permits, Licenses, & Insurance to operate For-Hire in NC
- Experienced, Knowledgeable, & Personable
- Interviews with Coastal Carolina Fisherman E-Magazine
- Seminar speaker for Coastal Carolina Fisherman Mag, Wilmington Boat Show, Charleston Boat Show, and local NC fishing clubs.
- Interviews in local media, including North Carolina Sportsman magazine, Dolphin Tagging Project, Carteret County News Times, & State Port Pilot Newspapers to name a few
- Volunteer Captain for annual Military Appreciation Day
- Instructor for NC Aquarium at Fort Fisher
(Surf Fishing courses, Crabbing, Salt Marsh eco-tours, Paddling trips to Zeke's Island, Oceanography programs, etc.)
- Instructor for Carolina Ocean Studies
(Nearshore fishing trips, Masonboro Island eco-tours, Kure Beach Pier fishing program)
- Instructor for Women Anglers In Training (WAIT)
Oak Island Parks & Recreation Dept, NC
My "saltwater resume" began 16 years ago in Wilmington (where I attended UNCW) & afterwards moved to Destin, Florida. I have gained a wide range of fishing experience & knowledge over the years - from offshore to inshore, fishing on piers, jetties, jigging, popping, trolling, deep dropping, snorkeling for scallops, shrimp trawling, setting crab traps - you name it & I've probably done it!
Furthermore, I have owned boats from 14' tiller steer jon boats to 26' center consoles with twin outboards. I consider myself to be a well-rounded Angler and a seaworthy Captain.
Have I won any tournaments? I'm proud to say I've both won & placed top 10 in several fishing tournaments including Spanish Mackerel, King Mackerel, Mahi, Red Drum, and Flounders. I do enjoy competition as long as there's good family fun involved in the event.
Why did I start a charter business? I find enjoyment in teaching about & sharing my knowledge of fishing & coastal resources with others. I put many hours, dollars, blood, sweat, frustration, passion, and hard work into becoming a good fisherman & guide. A fishing charter is only as good as its Captain!
I decided to become a Guide to teach others how to fish, how to enjoy our coastal lifesytle, & hope to have continued success providing fun, memorable trips for many years to come!
I'm Amanda & I have saltwater running through my veins!
Many times clients ask me when & how I got started fishing. Simple answer is: I've been fishing since I was a kid. I grew up in Eastern North Carolina with farming families so I've spent the majority of my life exploring the outdoors, which included fishing!
Second Wind Fishing Charters - Carolina Beach, NC
Call / Text: 910 550 6324
Capt Amanda King