Meet Captain Amanda King
MEET THE CAPTAIN:
I'm Amanda & I have saltwater running through my veins!
Clients always ask me when & how I got started fishing. I've been fishing since I was a kid. I grew up in Eastern North Carolina with farming families so I've spent the majority of my life exploring the outdoors, which included fishing!
My "saltwater resume" began over 20 years ago in Wilmington (where I attended UNCW) & afterwards moved to Destin, Florida. I have gained a wide range of fishing experience & knowledge over the years - from offshore to inshore, fishing on piers, jetties, jigging, popping, trolling, deep dropping, snorkeling for scallops, shrimp trawling, running a seine net, setting crab traps - you name it & I've probably done it!
Furthermore, I have owned boats from 14' tiller steer jon boats to 26' center consoles with twin outboards. I consider myself to be a well-rounded Angler and a seaworthy Captain.
Have I won any tournaments? I'm proud to say I've both won & placed top 10 in several fishing tournaments including Spanish Mackerel, King Mackerel, Mahi, Red Drum, and Flounder. I do enjoy competition as long as there's good fun involved in the event.
Why did I start a charter business? I find enjoyment in teaching about & sharing my knowledge of fishing & coastal resources with others. I put many hours, dollars, blood, sweat, frustration, passion, and hard work into becoming a good fisherman & guide. A fishing charter is only as good as its Captain!
I decided to become a Guide to teach others how to fish, how to enjoy our coastal lifestyle, & hope to have continued success providing fun, memorable trips for many years to come!
- USCG OUPV "6-pack" Captain's License
- Member of APCA Random Drug Testing Consortium
- First Aid & CPR Certified
- Holds all required Permits, Licenses, & Insurance to operate For-Hire in NC
- Experienced, Knowledgeable, & Personable
- Seminar speaker for Saltwater Sportsman's National Seminar Series, 2019.
- Seminar speaker for Coastal Carolina Fisherman Mag, Wilmington Boat Show, Charleston Boat Show, and local NC fishing clubs.
- Interviews in local media, including North Carolina Sportsman magazine, Dolphin Tagging Project, Carteret County News Times, & State Port Pilot Newspapers to name a few
- Volunteer Captain for annual Military Appreciation Day
- Former Instructor for NC Aquarium at Fort Fisher (Surf Fishing courses, Crabbing, Salt Marsh eco-tours, Paddling trips to Zeke's Island, Oceanography programs, etc.)
- Instructor for Carolina Ocean Studies
(Nearshore fishing trips, Masonboro Island eco-tours, Kure Beach Pier fishing program)
- Instructor for Women Anglers In Training (WAIT) Oak Island Parks & Recreation Dept, NC