$50 per hour, minimum of 2 hours. (4 people max)
This price is the total, not per person! This price is for any option that is not a fishing charter.
$100 deposit required to hold the date. PAYPAL or CERTIFIED CHECK. *Refundable with 24 hour notice. If late or no notice is given, you forfeit your $100 deposit.
All trips are weather-dependent and schedules are always flexible/subject to change based on storms, rain, high wind, etc.
Sit back and enjoy the sights of the Cape Fear! Relax as you cruise the calmer inshore waters with an experienced, local guide! Capt Amanda has a deep background as an environmental and marine science educator for local organizations such as the NC Aquariums and Carolina Ocean Studies. She is friendly, fun, and great with both kids and adults! If weather and tides permit, you can go on an adventure getting wet and dirty too!
Here are some options if your crew does not want to fish, but rather enjoy the sights and tour the Cape Fear area:
- Cruises (available to book any time of day - sunrise to sunset) Cruise around with no destination in mind, or Capt Amanda can take you to waterfront restaurants. (This is NOT a "booze boat taxi" - if you are inebriated, an UBER will be called to take you home at your expense.)
- Photography & Professional Photo Shoot opportunities (Bald Head Island, Cape Fear River, Downtown Wilmington, Fort Fisher, Carolina Beach, Southport, waterways, creeks, wildlife)
- Guided history tour of the Cape Fear (downtown Wilmington, rice fields, plantations, River historical sites, lighthouses)
- Sightseeing cruise - less talking and more watching for animals and wildlife (pelicans, egrets, bald eagles, osprey, alligators, snakes, terrapins, crabs, sea turtles, etc)
- Scout Merit Badge programs - I can help you fulfill merit badge requirements such as fishing, oceanography, & boating. I teach some of these courses at the Aquarium, but now I offer them with a smaller, more individual, personalized setting.
- Into the Wild: hands-on, fun, educational trip where individuals get to explore islands, catch blue crabs, throw a cast net, swim, pull a seine net, salt marsh exploration, surf fish, picnic, etc. Capt Amanda is open to activity requests, if they are feasible! This is a great option for parents with kids who need to get outdoors!!!!!!
- Beginning Boater Education: hands-on, educational, no-pressure trip to teach you the fundamentals of boating. We will use my boat (easy to learn on) in an open space, calm water.
- Trailering Education: (WINTER ONLY) Capt Amanda will teach you how to safely and quickly launch at local boat ramps by yourself, docking, and re-loading the boat. Lots of practice will be part of this! This will save you lots of time and headache in the summer at the ramp!